Planning to go to the United States can be an exciting prospect, but equally dicey. Therefore, before setting foot on American soil, you should navigate the intricate process of applying for a US visa online. Applying for a visa is a tedious procedure and formalities like interviews, documentation, and appointments might seem daunting. Fear not, in this blog, you will get a complete guide to applying for a US visa online from India.
Why do I need a US Visa Online?
With a US visa online, you can travel to America for tourism or business or maybe employment purposes, on a temporary basis. This online system is called Nonimmigrant Visa Application (DS-160) form. With this system, you can simply submit your visa application with supporting documents online. The entire process is streamlined with easy accessibility which saves you a lot of time.
Are you Eligible for US Visa Online?
The more clarity you have regarding the US visa application and its process the higher the chances to get one approved. So, it starts with a very basic question “Am I eligible for a US visa online”?
- You have a valid purpose for a visit to the US
- You aim to visit the US for a short period of time
- You have sufficient funds
- You possess all the necessary documents for the tourist visa for Indians. (Please note: If you do not provide the correct documents for a tourist visa then you will not get the visa)
- You can only involve in activities that are allowed under the visa category you applied for
- You must have a good reputation and network in your home country
- You intend to return back to India
If you wish to attend a business conference or conduct any negotiations, you’ll need a B1 Business Visa to travel. A B1 visa is issued for a period of 6-12 months and holds a wider scope for businesses.
A US B1 visa is needed for-
- To interview and hire staff
- Research purposes
- To attend meetings
- Sale or Investment meetings
- To discuss planned investment
- Conducting negotiations
Additional Eligibility requirements
- Your visit to the US is only for business purposes
- You will leave the United States as soon as your visa expires
Documents required for US Visa for Indians
- Printout of your Adhaar/Pan card if applicable
- Color-sized Passport photo (35 mm wide by 45 mm high without border) taken within the last six months
- The confirmation page with the barcode for the US visa application DS 160 form
- Proof of visa application fees
- Proof of sufficient funds
- Proof of confirmation of your interview appointment
- A valid passport for at least six months after you have left the US along with your old passport
- Your social media handles and their past five-year history
- Travel Insurance
- Your travel itinerary such as hotel bookings, flight tickets, etc.
- Letter supporting your reason to visit
- Letter from employer, if you are traveling as an employee
- Proof of business if traveling as a business owner
Steps to follow for US visa online
Please know that applying for a US visa online, whether for business or tourism purposes, is similar.
- Identify the visa type: Firstly, identify the visa category for your purpose of travel such as B1(business), or B2(tourism).
- Complete the online application form: Fill out the visa application form accurately and provide all the required information. Pay the associated visa fee. Schedule an interview: Book an appointment for a visa interview at the US embassy or consulate in your country. Note that certain visa categories, such as the B-1/B-2 visas, may not require an interview for certain applicants, depending on age and previous visa history. With Visa2Fly at your assistance, you get real-time updates on visa appointments, so that you can plan your travel without hassle.
- Gather supporting documents: Visa2Fly will help you end-to-end to prepare your documents, including your passport, photographs, proof of ties to your home country, financial documents, and any additional documents specific to your visa category (e.g., business-related documents or tourist itinerary).
- Attend the visa interview: Visit the US embassy or consulate on the scheduled date for your interview. Answer the consular officer’s questions honestly and provide any requested documents.
- Visa decision: After the interview, the consular officer will determine whether to approve or deny your visa application. If approved, your passport will be returned with the visa stamped inside. If denied, the officer will provide reasons for the decision.
How can Visa2Fly help you?
Visa2Fly can help you with end-to-end solutions throughout the processing of your visa application. The entire process is hassle-free and simplified. You can simply apply from the comfort of your home. Our experienced support team will help you thoroughly and provide a complete guide to your US visa application online.
We ensure that you get visas through easy and cost-effective means. There are different types of visas that we offer. It includes business, tourist, and transit visas for the US. While the transit visa is a single-entry visa, the business and tourist visa is a multiple-entry visa. The processing time for business and tourist visas is 300-320 business days, while for transit, it is 150-180 days. Although, the business and tourist visa is valid for 10 years. Worth the wait? In all certainty.
For end-to-end US visa assistance, visit our website or reach out to us at 1800-547-5030 today.